The online newspaper of Notre Dame de Sion

Le Journal Live

Breakfast With Santa Attracts Large Crowd

Breakfast With Santa was held in the high school gymnasium Dec. 2 to allow kids to meet Santa while making arts and crafts.

+Director+of+Facilities+and+Operations+Andy+Sheer+poses+with+a+girl+from+the+lower+school+at+the+annual+Breakfast+With+Santa+Dec.+2.
 Director of Facilities and Operations Andy Sheer poses with a girl from the lower school at the annual Breakfast With Santa Dec. 2.

Melissa Koppers

Melissa Koppers

Melissa Koppers, Reporter

The annual Breakfast With Santa brought a record number of people to their event, according to the president of the alumni association and montessori teacher Alivia Stewart.

“This is definitely our biggest one. It just keeps getting bigger every year which is really exciting,” Stewart said.

The event was catered to alumni and their families, but families from both the high school and grade school were in attendance. The activities included pictures with Santa Claus, arts and crafts, music from the choir, and a pancake breakfast.

“Sometimes it’s really intimidating to see Santa, but this feels like having an intimate breakfast,” parent and college counselor Heather Henning said.

The money raised throughout the year goes to scholarships for girls to attend Sion.  Four scholarships are given to high school students each year and contain $1000.

“We just try to give back to the school however we can. We know it costs a lot, and we want girls to have the opportunity no matter what their economic background is,” Stewart said.

The event was sponsored by the alumni board. The adults paid $10 to attend and $5 for children. Kids who did not eat or were under the age of two ate free. Chris Cakes sponsored the event and served up pancakes as the main course.

“[Chris Cakes] come out and have their brittle and flip their pancakes. They toss them to  you and you catch it with your plate,”  Alumnae Coordinator Colleen Godinez said.