Le Journal Live

Freshmen Take the French Fashion Show

Students from French classes participated in the annual fashion show project.

Freshman Kyra Wilburn walks down the runway in the library holding a pillow and stuffed animal as a part of her outfit April 25.

Madisen Hane

Madisen Hane

Madisen Hane, Co-Photo Editor

The fifth annual French Fashion Show took place April 25 in the library. The French one and one honors classes took part in the project. The students prepared outfits to model and descriptions to read that used vocabulary words.

“I just like how it’s a great way for them to learn vocabulary in a real-life setting and to do something other than sitting in class and doing exercises,” French teacher Liz Bono said.

Eighteen students participated in the fashion show which took place two separate times, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

“I was really nervous to walk in the fashion show,” freshman Sophia Allen said.

Each student modeled two separate outfits. One outfit was a more serious look, while the second was more for fun. Allen wore a St. Teresa’s Academy uniform for her second look.

“I knew my outfit would be funny but I hoped that people wouldn’t be offended. I wanted it to be entertaining,” Allen said. “I definitely liked using my friend’s uniform.”

Each outfit was judged by a panel of French IV students. Awards were given at the end of the show for categories such as “most practical” and “most attitude”.

“Judging the show was fun,” senior Caroline Bono said. “I thought all the girls looked really good and had fun.”