Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration

The entire school came together Thursday, September 30 in the circle drive to enjoy activities planned by Latinx Club for Hispanic Heritage Month. These activities included eating tacos, listening to music and playing Loteria.

Sofia Aguayo

Social Sciences teacher Morey Williams and Spanish teacher Señora Gonzalez pose holding the Hispanic Heritage Month sign in the circle drive.

Sofia Aguayo, Co Editor-in-Chief

• Junior Samy Mora Cuevas holds up the Loteria card so everyone who is playing can see which space to mark off on their Loteria board.

• Sophomore Grace Kiewiet pulls her bracelet string over her head at the bracelet-making table in the circle drive.

• Junior Samy Mora Cuevas laughs with senior Vivi Calderon while waiting for their tacos in front of the Taco Cacao taco truck.

• The Hispanic band “Ayllu” adds joyful music to the celebration as they perform for the school in the circle drive.

• Students were able to use stencils to color Hispanic themed drawings at the coloring table.

• Junior Kori Franklin celebrates her long awaited win in Loteria after playing for the third time.

• Junior Ellington Persley smiles as her and her freinds play Loteria in the circle drive.

• Juniors Lauren Millard and Caroline Dold pose with the Hispanic Heritage Month sign for a photo taken by Señora Gonzalez.

• Junior Eden Davis unfolds her tissue paper flower creation at the flower-making table in the circle drive.

• Students and teachers alike enjoyed themselves during the celebration in the circle drive by participating in many activities, including making tissue paper decorative flowers.

• The Loteria table was full during the whole activity period with students and teachers learning how to play the traditional game played around the world.

• Social Sciences teacher Morey Williams and Spanish teacher Señora Gonzalez pose holding the Hispanic Heritage Month sign in the circle drive.

• Spanish teacher Señora Gonzalez snaps a photo of Counselor Karen Phillips and Spanish teacher April Schendel with the decorated Hispanic Heritage Month sign.

• Junior Samy More Cuevas holds up the card that reads “El Nopal” in a game of Loteria, informing the players to put a coin over their cactus on their boards.

• Junior Adaline Huhmann carefully knots her threads together at the bracelet-making table.

• Junior Audrey Kowalewich uses a stencil to draw a perfect skull on her paper.

• Junior Ellington Persley makes sure she places her stencil just right to draw a colorful skull.

• Junior Hannah Lange lays out her tissue paper in order to measure the right size for her tissue paper flowers.