The online newspaper of Notre Dame de Sion

Le Journal Live

Lacrosse Victory on Senior Night

The Varsity Lacrosse team topped Lee's Summit High School 19-0 on senior night.

Lanie Jones, Editorial Editor

Senior Elsa Brundige receives the ball from senior goalie Mia Tebbe after a clear.

The stands of the field were filled with friends and family of lacrosse players Tuesday, Apr. 18 as the team celebrated their seniors in a game against Lee’s Summit High School. Seniors Megan Ostrander, Elsa Brundige and Mia Tebbe were recognized for their years of leadership and commitment at halftime of the Varsity game. The Storm swept LSHS 19-0.

“Senior night was so amazing,” Brundige said. “I loved seeing all my classmates, family and friends in the stands cheering us on.”

Ostrander, Brundige and Tebbe were each escorted down the field by two juniors to the center where they were greeted by their parents and a bouquet of flowers. Next fall, Ostrander will play for Benedictine College, Brundige plans to play at the club level for Northwestern University and Tebbe hopes to manage at Lindenwood University.

“Senior night meant a lot to me. It was cool to be recognized by friends and family,” Tebbe said. “I have been offered a scholarship by the Lindenwood Division II coach to be their lacrosse team manager.”

After a goal in the first few minutes of the game from junior Aidan McEnerney, the team continued their wide lead through the end of the game, not dropping a single goal. The Storm saw goals from freshman Reilly Jackoboice, sophomore Keali Myrick, juniors Sarah Totta, Meredith Oswald, Mariah Lynn and Emma Miller, and Ostrander. Since she plays a defensive position, one that doesn’t offer many opportunities to score, this goal was special for Ostrander.

“Over the past few years, I have never scored a goal in lacrosse because I never got the opportunity to,” Ostrander said. “So, on senior night when I did, it felt really great, especially when the team came up and gave me hugs and everyone was cheering for me.”

Overall, the game was a success for the team and the senior night win made it even sweeter for the girls.

“[The game] was a really fun game, probably my favorite game so far this season. I love all of the seniors so much and I look up to all of them,” Myrick said. “It’s so sad thinking about losing them next year and it will be really weird without them.”