Le Journal Live

Cross Country Team Comes Through at Districts

The cross country team finished 6th at the District cross country meet at Lake Jacomo Oct. 20.

Molly Conway, Managing Editor

Led by junior Lily Henkle and senior Brenna Richart, the cross country team finished 6th as a team in the District cross country meet at Lake Jacomo Oct. 20.

“Considering where we are as a team this year I was really pleased with how we did this year at Districts,” cross country coach Reynold Middleton said. “We had great weather for the meet and I think all the girls competed really well.”

Henkle’s time of 20:52 earned her 10th place, while Richart’s time of 22:24 earned her 29th place. Henkle and Richart will both advance to the sectional meet and will compete at the Wildflower Cross Country Course in Liberty Oct. 27. The top 30 finishers and top four teams from the district meet will compete in the sectional meet.

“Districts went better than I expected them to and I felt really strong while I was running,” Henkle said. “I’m really looking forward to competing in sectionals and am really hoping that I can do well enough to advance to state.”

Other competitors in the district meet included seniors Gretta Allen and Kelsey Wilcoxson, juniors Rose Orrick and Nina Trouve and sophomore Dillian Elmquist. Orrick placed 35th, Trouve 36th, Allen 37th, Elmquist 42nd and Wilcoxson 45th. Although they were sad to see their season come to an end, they are excited for their teammates who get to compete in sectionals and are looking forward to cheering them on, according to Orrick.

“I’m so excited to watch Brenna and lily run together at sectionals, they have both had such a great season,” Orrick said. “Cross country is such a challenging sport and I’m really proud of both of them for getting past districts, I loved running with them this season.”

Molly Conway, Print Managing Editor

Favorite Show: Grey’s Anatomy

Spirit Animal: Dolphin

Guilty Pleasure: Making cookies

Pet Peeve: People not using turn signals

Favorite Place...