Le Journal Live

Lacrosse Earns Last Home Win of the Season

The lacrosse team celebrated Senior Night after their home game against Lee’s Summit West.

Sophomore+Avery+Myricks+hold+her+sister+senior+Keali+Myrick+after+the+Varsity+lacrosse+game+and+senior+night+April+29.+The+team+beat+Lee%27s+Summit+West+12-8.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Avery Myricks hold her sister senior Keali Myrick after the Varsity lacrosse game and senior night April 29. The team beat Lee's Summit West 12-8.

Ana Pendergast, Web Managing Editor

The lacrosse team won their last home game of the season against Lee’s Summit West 12-8 and celebrated seniors Suki Arnold, Keali Myrick and Lily Muehlebach after the game.

“It felt really good to beat a team we lost to previously,” Arnold said. “It was my favorite part of the night.”

The team had the lead the whole game. The team worked well together, allowing for multiple people to score, according to Myrick. Seniors enjoyed playing their last home game together, according to Muehlebach

“Having every score and work well together was really nice for Senior Night,” Myrick said. “It made us really feel like a team.”

The game featured high scores and aggressive plays, according to Muehlebach. Players weren’t called for as many illegal checks as normal. Though both coaches complained to the referees throughout the game, many illegal checks weren’t called, according to Muehlbach.

“I think the refs were letting a few things go,” Muehlebach said. “Ultimately letting us play more aggressively.”

After the game, the seniors were recognized by the team. Each senior was escorted by her parents down the field, where they received flowers and a cup from the juniors. Alongside the juniors, sophomore Avery Myrick presented the gifts to her sister.

“I love how much our team changes every year and yet we are still just as close every year,” Arnold said. “It was really fun to celebrate that at Senior Night.”

The season concludes with a game against St. Teresa’s Academy May 3 for the last away game of the regular season. The seniors are looking forward to playing their rival team for the last game of the season, according to Muehlebach. Next week the team will compete in the District Championship Tournament. Game times will be decided after regular season play has ended.

“Playing with my team felt so good,” Muehlebach said. “I loved playing with the girls and making a family, and will miss it so much.”