First Pep Assembly Sparks Spirit for STA Game Sept. 10

Aliens took the stands at this year's first pep assembly to learn new cheers in preparation for the rival St. Teresa's Academy volleyball game Sept. 10.

Grace Hills, Reporter

• During the first pep assembly of the year, Junior Emily Bukaty shows the school the team’s new cheer routine Sept. 10.

• Playing life-size Hungry Hungry Hippos, freshman Caroline Dold dives for a volleyball during the pep assembly's class competition Sept. 10.

• Scream Team leaders Brie Bowes and Allie Dierks teach chants for St. Teresa's Academy volleyball game during the pep assembly Sep. 10.

• Senior Cristina Peters calls for the tennis players to stand up, alongside fellow tennis seniors Claire Maguire and Gia Clementi. To the right of Peters are cross country seniors Sydney Crouch and Rose Orrick at the pep assembly on Sep. 10.

• While learning the “N-D-S the best!” chant, freshmen Aleigh Mckelvey and Mallory Vance share a laugh at the pep assembly on Sep. 10.

• Junior cheerleader Sophia Allen teaches the chant “N-D-S the best!” to students at the pep assembly on Sep.10.

• Tennis seniors Emily Rine, Caroline Boessen, Logan Dixon, Holly Frey and Avery Kuhls cheer on their fellow tennis players in the crowd at the pep assembly Sep. 10.

• Junior Maddie Malone dances alongside senior Ava Grace Vermilion as they showcase their newest dance at the pep assembly Sep. 10.

• Decked out in their Alien-51 gear for their fist Sion Spirit Week, freshmen Claire Shankland, Caroline Dold, Aleigh Mckelvey and Mallory Vance yell out a cheer at the pep assembly Sep. 10.

• Seconds before cheer’s first performance of the year, senior Brook Mckee friends cheer her on from the audience at the pep assembly Sep. 10.